JAGUAR E-PACE VS. COMPETITION
2020 JAGUAR E-PACE VS. COMPETITION
The new 2020 Jaguar E-PACE is the first compact SUV from Jaguar. It’s a unique combination of looks, agility and dynamic driving.
With a modern interior, long list of technology features and a sporty drive, the Jaguar E-PACE is expected to have an immediate impact on the compact sports-utility market. There is a lot to like about this smaller SUV option and it matches up well with the competition like the Audi Q3, BMW X1, and Mercedes-Benz GLA.
THE JAGUAR E-PACE VS. THE BMW X1
- The Jaguar E-PACE is an absolute pleasure to drive, and it has several systems to thank for that. Its engine has more horsepower, 246, and torque, 269 pound-feet, than the BMW X1’s only engine option, 228 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, but more than power, the E-PACE has Adaptive Dynamics for the optimal ride feel and standard all-wheel drive with Active Driveline for superior handling over what the BMW X1 delivers.
- Like driving feel, the richer interior of the Jaguar E-PACE is something you have to experience in person to see just how much of an advantage it has over the BMW X1’s cabin feel. The seats give you many ways to adjust to how you want to drive and every available fabric is high-quality, and all the controls the driver needs, like the shifter, are within reach. Plus, if you need to transport five passengers, rear-seat occupants will find the wider back row of the Jaguar E-PACE is more welcoming than that of the BMW X1.
- Mixing well with the timeless style of the Jaguar E-PACE are some of the smartest amenities on the road today, and the BMW X1 can’t keep up with this innovation. Both models have an in-dash touchscreen, but the one in the E-PACE is nearly double the size, and only the E-PACE has a screen in the instrument cluster to let you configure the info to your liking. Finally, the E-PACE has safety features, like a 360-degree Surround camera, and convenient tech, like a gesture-activated rear liftgate, that the BMW X1 doesn’t offer.
THE JAGUAR E-PACE VS. THE AUDI Q3
- The cabin of the Jaguar E-PACE feels like a luxury model should thanks to the premium materials and comfort features, but it’s the passenger and cargo space that sets it apart from the Audi Q3. The E-PACE has more legroom for each row including much more for the rear, 35.1 inches, compared to the 31.1 inches in the Q3, which long-legged Clarksville passengers will enjoy. The E-PACE also has a wider back seat, larger cargo area, higher max cargo capacity, and more headroom for each row.
- The Audi Q3 isn’t really an option for those that want excitement out of their ride as its only engine option tops out at 200 horsepower and 207 pound-feet of torque, which fall way short of the 246 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque in the Jaguar E-PACE. Even throwing that power aside, the Jaguar E-PACE handles more nimbly and comfortably.
- Brawn is easy to see in the Jaguar E-PACE, but it also has more brains than the Audi Q3 as it offers features ranging from a head-up display to a 4G Wi-Fi hotspot for bringing the internet with you, which the Q3 doesn’t offer.
THE JAGUAR E-PACE VS. THE MERCEDES-BENZ GLA
- These two models share similar exterior profiles, but they differ when comparing the interiors. Taller passengers can stay comfortable no matter the row they sit in with the Jaguar E-PACE as it has 35.1 inches of rear legroom and 38.3 inches of rear headroom, but the 27.1 inches of rear legroom and 35.6 inches of rear headroom in the Mercedes-Benz GLA will surely cramp even average-sized passengers.
- While every passenger relaxes in the Jaguar E-PACE, the driver can enjoy the rush of 246 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque, as well as engineering aspects like Active Driveline, which the Mercedes-Benz GLA with 208 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque can’t keep up with.
- Losing yourself in the drive of the Jaguar E-PACE is easy thanks to the thrills of the engine and comfort of the cabin, but it comes standard with driver assistance features like Lane Keep Assist, front and rear parking aids, and more, which aren’t standard on the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
Discover the excitement of driving the E-PACE. Offering a unique balance between agility and ride comfort, the fully independent suspension system has a sophisticated multi-link rear suspension design. Advanced driving technologies including Active Driveline* and optional Adaptive Dynamics ensure the E-PACE delivers an agile, controlled ride.
The state‑of‑the‑art technology of the E‑PACE includes our Touch Pro™ infotainment system, featuring a 10” tablet‑style touchscreen.
A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING
The deep center console with removable cup holders provides a highly flexible space. The large glove compartment is great for all those essentials you want to keep close at hand, and both deep front door bins have been sculpted to carry a range of items.
CHOOSE YOUR E‑PACE
An exhilarating drive, contemporary craftsmanship and everyday practicality are standard. So, which member of the E‑PACE family will you choose?